Having too much clutter in the garage really hinders your ability to use your garage for what it was intended for. Garage wall storage tips will eliminate this problem. By taking a smart approach to maintaining your garage, and efficient storage systems, clutter will be a thing of the past.
Using even just a few of these garage wall storage tricks will pay off instantly and make your garage space more functional, safer, and tidier.
Garage Wall Storage Ideas
- Make the most of your wall storage. One of the main ways to keep your garage floor free of clutter is to utilize an area of your garage that’s mostly underused. There are two main choices on selecting a wall storage system – pegboard and slatwall panels (or slatboard). Slatwall storage gives you the flexibility to create a place for any item that is hangable.
- Make a place for every item. One of the key benefits of using a good wall storage system is that you can create a space for anything that can be hung up. This leaves everything visible, easy to find, and makes it substantially easier to keep your garage organized. Hanging tools like pruners, hedge trimmers, shovels, and rakes on your garage walls is safer than keeping them on the floor.
- Label everything. Some homeowners outline the things they hang on their garage walls with a black marker. Others use paint to remind them where they were stored.
Neatly printed labels that have a similar look also help lessen visual clutter and encourage good organization.
Vital Tips For Garage Wall Storage
- Choose storage that is flexible to change. Your garage storage requirements will change over time. That’s why choosing a wall storage system that is flexible is so important. You need to be able to move items easily and have the items you use most as reachable as possible.
- Utilize the right accessories. A large part of making sure that your storage system has enough flexibility lies with the types of hanging accessories that are available to go with it. Look for a storage system with several hanging accessories that are suitable for your storage needs.
- Look for stability. For safety reasons, both the surface that the items are being suspended on and the accessories you’re using need to be reliable and sturdy. Slatwall hanging accessories are attached over a larger surface of the panels to deliver more stability.
- Use common sense. Common sense will direct you to look at different garage storage ideas for items that aren’t suitable for wall storage. Large items like seasonal tools, patio furniture, and decorations can be stored in overhead storage racks.
Regaining your garage floor space is as easy as using the right wall storage system. Schedule your free in-home consultation with one of NuvoGarage’s design experts to begin the process. Call us today or visit our website to schedule a free in-home consultation. While on our site, be sure to check out our transformations page.