Steps of the TRANSFORMATION
High end home
Owner a car buff
- Clean slate
- Floor – black epoxy base coat, Ribtrax black and red tiles installed on top: base coat makes cleaning easier
- Cabinets – Contur cabinets, European sleek contemporary design, black cases with red fronts. Stainless steel countertop including 1 piece deep sink
- Side walls – 36” aluminum checker plate acid washed, sanded and painted black and red installed to match floor and cabinets
- Slatwall in graphite colour with small shelves under upper cabinets for small objet art
- Logos – Porsche and jaguar logos installed on walls
- Walls and ceiling painted white, all casing black
- This is a complete, thoroughly finished garage to perfection.
3 Car Garage – Richmond Hill
Overview of Garage
love it, so cool
With a new build high end home in Richmond Hill, this garage transformation started from a builder’s finish. It was a clean slate to design the dream garage interior which would appeal to this car buff and homeowner. With blank drywall and cement floors, the garage was remodelled from floor to ceiling.
Starting with the garage floor, of course, the garage owner wanted to create a sporty car finish so we looked to the Swisstrax Ribtrax garage floor tiles to create a black and red pattern which would give it a race car design. These tiles are sturdy enough for commercial garages and heavier vehicles. These tiles are UV protected so that even with large windows allowing natural light to feature this spectacular garage, the colours won’t fade over time.
With perforations to allow water and fluids to drain below the tiles and drainage channels to direct liquids to flow freely under the tiles, water and other fluids can wash away easily. Of course, bare cement can absorb water so a black epoxy coating was applied to make it easier to maintain and clean the floor below the floor tiles.
Professional race car garages have a sleek look and design with closed garage storage solutions. So, the Canadian made Contur garage cabinets were used to add a sleek contemporary European design element to the space. These beautifully designed stainless steel cabinets are heavy duty with a lifetime warranty. The one-touch cabinet doors open upwards so even with full or slightly soiled hands, it’s easy to open the cabinet doors easily while making them easy to stay clean. A deep countertop sink completes the counter space so that there is a place to clean up And, with a range of colours, it was easy to have made-to-measure black and red cabinets to match the floors.
To finish the rest of the garage, the walls and ceiling were painted. The space between the upper and lower cabinets was completed with a graphite slatwall to tie the upper and lower sections together. It offers a place to hang the owner’s small objet d’arts. The aluminum checker plate acid washed sidewalls in black and red completed the look and feel of the rest of the wall space while protecting the lower portion of the walls from small nicks or dings. The rest of the wall space was finished with car Porsche and Jaguar logos.
It was a complete garage interior design from top to bottom.